Words First

Today's Journal of Note:
Exquisite Corpse: A Journal of Letters and Life

http://www.corpse.org/issue_14/index.html

Poem and Poet of the Issue:
(tough to choose today)
"The Evolution of Panspermia" by Frank Eannarino

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was made flesh.

God veiled in flesh: knowledge, power, action, creation, order to chaos.

Women bare children.

Christ was (conceived by) the Divine Father made flesh in Mary's unbesmirched womb.

Gabriel gave her word, but she had to agree first.

She said, "I am the Lord's servant.
May it be as you have said."

2 comments:

Frank Eannarino said...

*ahem*

The link to this unfortunate poet's poem doesn't work. Or maybe I'm just a computer spaz...

Frank Eannarino said...

I get a lot of trouble about "The Evolution of Panspermia." Even the editors at the Corpse didn't quite get it as evidenced by the lead in they gave me. The older I get the more embarrased I am about it. I don't know if I'll even include it my "first book" manuscript which is really many first book attempts all rolled into one. Can't win a contest. It grew out of my discovery that the truth behind human reproduction wasn't even discovered (sperm/ovum) until the 1800s. This lead to wondering about patriarchy and where that all started and how it was perpetrated so long. Women often dislike the poem, which is why I was surprised and also happy to see it here (a friend told me about the link), so thanks for the plug, and thanks for not excoriating me. Your reaction is far more beautiful than the ugly poem it grew out of.